I love pasta salad with poppy seed dressing – sweet, creamy, and fresh – packed with veggies and protein. This is a refreshing, feel good recipe that is perfect on hot summer days and picnics. It also pairs well with grilled foods like burgers and chicken (so you can leave out the meat if you are eating this as a side). Hint Water or DIY Strawberry, Lemon, + Cucumber Infused Water is a great beverage to serve with this.
- 1/2 16oz Box Cavatappi Pasta (or Any Shaped Pasta You Prefer)
- 1 cup Celery, chopped
- 1/2 container SunBursts Yellow Tomatoes (NatureSweet brand), halved or quartered
- 3/4 cup Mixed Sweet Bell Peppers (I used a mixed bag of minis), chopped/sliced thin
- 3/4 cup Red Onion (1 small onion), Chopped finely
- 1-1 1/2 cups Rotisserie Chix**, torn into small bits
- 3/4 cup (12 Tbsp or about 1/2 bottle) Poppy Seed Dressing (Brianna’s is the best)
- Sea Salt + Pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta while preparing veggies – drain and rinse lightly.
- Chop veggies and add to a large bowl.
- Add torn chicken and season with salt + pepper – mix thoroughly to season everything evenly.
- Pour dressing and stir to coat mixture.
- Add cooked pasta and stir again to coat pasta with excess dressing.
- Chill for 30 min+ before serving.
MyFitnessPal logged this recipe at 391 calories per serving, not too shabby for a pasta based dish with creamy dressing. More good news is it has 15g protein, 114mg potassium, and 2.6g fiber.
- Fresh strawberries, blueberries, peaches, or white nectarines are a great addition to this pasta salad.
- You could also try adding cucumber to the mix, I have not tried it yet but I believe it would work with all these fresh ingredients.
- **Rotisserie chix is the best for this recipe, with a mix of white and dark meat.
- This recipe is pretty versatile so you can vary the amounts of veggies in here – no need for exact measurements – this is just a guideline.
- Store airtight in fridge and makes a great lunch the next day.
Referral/Affiliate Link Policy can be found here.