We are big on making huge batches of our favorite recipes and freezing individual and family sized portions for easy weeknight meals and quick lunches.
Spaghetti Sauce or Marinara Sauce is one of our TOP 10 FREEZER-FRIENDLY FAMILY FAVORITES.
- 2 cups + Your Favorite Sauce, thawed (I used my leftover Mexitalian Marinara Sauce)
- Pasta, I used Pumpkin-Ginger Rice Noodles (1 bundle/ serving)
- Cottage Cheese (about 1/4 cup/ serving)
- Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Zoodles, Raw (Optional)
- Boil lightly salted water in a medium saucepan.
- Heat sauce + chop parsley while waiting for water.
- Boil pasta, mine only takes 4 min so I cooked the bundles individually, removing the cooked pasta with tongs, and kept the water boiling.
- Serve pasta in individual bowls.
- Add zoodles to boiling water, cook 1-2 min.
- Spoon cottage cheese over pasta.
- Layer zoodles on cheese.
- Spoon sauce over zoodles.
- Sprinkle fresh parsley on top.
- Regular pasta is delicious but there was something really special going on with the Pumpkin Ginger Rice Noodles – you should definitely give them a try.
- Not sure if the cottage cheese with tomato based meals is a Mid-Western thing or just a thing my family has been doing for 3+ generations but trust me, it’s awesome.
Referral/Affiliate Link Policy can be found here.