We usually make these 1-2 nights after we have Taco Night or for lunch the following day. The beans give you tons of extra fiber and protein and the fresh veggies make this a great option for lunch or dinner. If you need a quick and tasty recipe for taco meat, try my Quick + Easy Tacos.
- 2 Flour Tortillas (Try Tortilla Land Fresh Tortillas – THE BEST)
- 1/4 cup Taco Meat (ground beef cooked with taco seasoning, onions, garlic + optional potatoes)
- 1/4 cup Refried Beans
- 1/2 cup Cheese, shredded (I use Lucerne Colby Jack Chunk Cheese)
- 1/4 cup Black Olives, sliced
- 1/2 Roma Tomato, diced
- Hot Sauce, I use Tapatio
- Handful Fresh Cilantro, minced
- Optional – Sour Cream or Avocado Cream Drizzled over top (I love this recipe by Debra @Worth Cooking)
- Lightly cook the tortillas if you are using the fresh, raw ones.
- Preheat your oven to 375*
- Place the first tortilla on a foil/parchment-lined baking sheet, spread refried beans across the tortilla + sprinkle the taco meat evenly over top, then about 1/3 of the shredded cheese.
- Layer second tortilla on top and evenly cover with another 1/3 of the cheese.
- Add on the black olives, tomatoes, all but a pinch of the cilantro + last 1/3 of the cheese.
- Drizzle with hot sauce + pinch of cilantro
- Put in oven for about 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted and turning light golden, bubbly brown.
- I put the pizza onto a cutting board and cut into 1/4’s as it is more manageable and less messy but you can fork + knife it as well.
- Traditional refried beans are great for this but I recently tried Bush’s Cocina Latina Frijoles Charros Machacados and they would be awesome in these Mexican Pizzas.
- You could leave out the meat and go vegetarian and it is still pretty satisfying.
- Serve this with this Homemade Horchata – awesome!
Referral/Affiliate Link Policy can be found here.