I am a big fan of Cilantro Lime Rice, I used it in various recipes. It works well in soups and stews, such as my Pork Pozole Verde and in Fried Rice dishes, such as my Pineapple Coconut Thai Shrimp Fried Rice. It also pairs nicely with tacos or stuffed in burritos or with anything carne asada. Tangy lime infused rice with fresh herbs, is just so feel good fresh!
Though I do love the fresh flavor of this recipe, sometimes I crave the tropical flavor and creaminess of coconut milk with this rice. Either way you like it, both versions are easy to make with a rice cooker.
Cilantro Lime Rice + Coconut Milk (Optional)
- 2+ Cups Long Grain White Rice (or whatever you like)
- 4+ Fresh Limes, halved for squeezing
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro, minced finely
- Coconut Milk, Plain – Optional (I use refrigerated So Delicious brand but canned is creamier)
- Determine the amount of liquid you’ll need for your rice cooker based on the measured amount of rice. Mine comes with a plastic cup and has corresponding measurement lines in the rice cooker insert.
- Using coconut milk in place of the water indicated for your rice cooker, add rice + coconut milk to the cooker insert.
- Season with a pinch of sea salt.
- Squeeze about 6 lime halves into the coconut milk and rice and stir, mixing it all together.
- Set your rice cooker to cook based on its settings.
- When your cooker chimes, chop the fresh cilantro finely and add to the rice while fluffing with a large fork.
- Squeeze additional limes over the rice evenly and serve.
- Before cutting limes, use your weight and roll the limes on the counter – helps you get more juice out of each lime.
- If you are trying to get your daily dose of Coconut Oil, you can add it to the rice cooker when you add in the coconut milk + rice.
- Depending on what type of rice you use, you may want to rinse the rice before cooking.
- If you want to infuse the rice with a bit more flavor, you can mix up methods #1 + #3 by replacing about 1/2 of the coconut milk with Hint Pineapple or Hint Lime Water.
Method #2 – For traditional Cilantro Lime Rice, follow original instructions but replace coconut milk with coconut or tap water.
Method #3 – Follow original instructions but replace all the coconut milk with Hint Pineapple Water.
You can get a sweet deal on Hint Water by clicking here.
Referral/Affiliate Link Policy can be found here.